Forum

The "I am cool" phrase.
airbornespouse wrote
at 7:30 AM, Sunday March 22, 2009 EDT
I am sure there are many out there that would agree that the "I am cool" phrase is getting out of hand. I miss the kdice that was played about 2 years ago, when you could only win according to your skills. The fresh batch of kdice players have brought a lot of bs with them. Also how about the "I will flag to you" thing. I hate myself when I am made to follow suit once a player has said something like that. These new phrases have taken a lot of the strategy out of this "strategy" game. Ahhh the dream of the old kdice will never come true=(

Replies 1 - 7 of 7
StormLord wrote
at 10:46 AM, Sunday March 22, 2009 EDT
Being 'cool' and flagging has been scientifically proven to incease your position.

kdice playing style has evolved since the old days, diplomacy is a skill. Stick an old style player in the new kdice and he will fail.
Shevar wrote
at 10:51 AM, Sunday March 22, 2009 EDT
i agree with storm there. its a natural development.

however, it sucks.
Thraxle wrote
at 11:04 AM, Sunday March 22, 2009 EDT
I agree with the improvement in place, but it is not diplomatic, so stop fooling yourself. Nobody truces anymore (which is diplomatic), they simply submit and allow whoever is largest in round 2 to do as they please. Diplomacy is not for the weak minded and vFlagging in round 2 or 3 is weak. Stop calling it diplomatic, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Surrender and diplomacy are not the same...
Shevar wrote
at 11:43 AM, Sunday March 22, 2009 EDT
the funny thing is that surrendering (is there a better word for that?) gives you points, which is bs.
jethr0 wrote
at 2:14 PM, Sunday March 22, 2009 EDT
Yep, now its whoever pops the first eight stack wins, even if they are in the middle.
ScotsLaw wrote
at 2:45 PM, Sunday March 22, 2009 EDT
The next person to write "I am cool" should be packed up into a suitcase, put on a bus to the local airport and shipped of the FUCKING Arctic with nothing but a pair of Batman pants to wear. Then we'll see how "Cool" they are.

The problem is it's such a crappy thing to say. It means NOTHING, not even a truce and don't tell me it does, it's for childern and hippies. People should start to communicate what they mean rather than this vague comment.

I know it's part of "KDICE speak" but I really despise it. Every time I hear it I want to run a 6 stack right through these peoples weak set of islands that they hold when they say it in round 1 or 2. Grow some gonads some of you people.

Oh and this is a warning. If you say it when I'm in a game and I have a lovely stack (even if you say it to me) I'm going to say the phrase "LOL, OFF TO THE ARCTIC FOR YOU" and piledrive into you, not caring for the position I may end up in. Oh and if it "spoils your game" or shows "disrespect" then tough. Remember the phrase!

"LOL, OFF TO THE ARCTIC FOR YOU!"
wiggin1 wrote
at 4:19 PM, Sunday March 22, 2009 EDT
My major problem is with people flagging early, when it is actually a bad move for themselves for the overall expected value of their score.

1st gives a lot of points, 400 + dom. I think often people don't realise that, and rather take a sure flagging third, even though that is a bad move for them, pointwise.

And of course at the same time this ruins everyone elses chances, since it gives the leader one important person less to worry about.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary